Friday, June 29, 2012

Follow The Guide, Please

Let me apologize first for lying to you all last night that I was going to blog after the Eiffel Tower visit. We didn't get back to the hotel until almost 1 am and had to be up at 730 so sleep won over blogging. Our trip is coming to an end tomorrow and it is bittersweet. We have had an amazing time all be it stressful at points. There is so much to catch up on where so I start? When we tried to leave Barcelona to go to France, we could not get the car out of the parking garage where the hotel told us to park because it was Sunday and apparently everything closes in Barcelona on Sundays. So that was fun to try to figure out. Luckily there was an Avis nearby that let me exchange the car (I wont tell you how much that oat but lets just say it was a wee bit more than I had planned) so after MK had a slight panic attack we were on our way. Note to self (or anyone else traveling with Janet in a foreign country. She is not a good navigator when reading maps in another language. But she did he best she could! We finally arrived in Castlenau Montratier to find my folks and got settled in. The house was so quaint and so quiet. It was fabulous. Pics will be uploaded soon. We had a couple leisurely days including a trip to a Tench castle that was awesome! I mean its only fitting that my parents would take me, the princess, to a castle right? After a day at the castle, it was time for a fabulous 4-course French meal at a little restaurant in a little town my mom had heard about years ago and always goes to when in France. It was wonderful! Nest kept secret for my money!! On to Paris this week and we were nit quite as busy as kn Italy but that was planned because we are exhausted! We toured the Louvre and did a hop on hop off. Went to Versailles but you really need to spend a full day there on the gardens. We went with a tour so we only had two hours. Definitely not enough time. But my favorite was the Eiffel Tower. It was everything you expect it to be and more. We had a fantastic tour guide who was informative and HILARIOUS! Took a tour this morning of Notre Dame. I thought of it as my way of cleansing myself for going to the Moulin Rouge tonight as I hear it is quite the show and is enough to make you blush. I did ask our guide last night though if it was comparable to the Red Light district on Bangkok and his reply was "Nothing is comparable to Bangkok." So how bad can this show really be. Unfortunately for all of you voyeurs out here, it is "forbidden" to take photos or anything while inside the theater so sorry. We are flying standby tomorrow ar 10 am so keep your fingers, toes, elbows, legs and anything else crossed that we make it on the flight. We don't really mind being stuck in Paris but we are kind of tired and would like an 8 hour flight to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment