Friday, May 10, 2013

12 Step Program

Step 1: surgery to repair the cartilage that I knew was torn but couldn't convince surgeon was there. Oh he also lengthened my tendon. Yeah, that part is the worst to recover from. 

Step 2: return home and with the aid of wonderful nurse friends made it up the long flight of stairs to my apartment and bed and crawl in to bed and doze until Game 6 of the Grizzlies-Clippers game starts. Watch first half and try desperately to stay awake until the end. Find out next morning they won!! Next stop, OKC. 

Step 3: sleep as much as I feel like without anyone thinking twice about it. :) there is a positive side to this :) 

Step 4: watch first game of Grizz-Thunder series in a somewhat stupor. Grizz lose. Sad day. 

Step 5: watch game two of series and start to fall asleep and wake up in time to see Grizz pull off win. Hmmmm...I may be on to something. 

Step 6: start physical therapy where I am told repeatedly that being a good patient for one or two months means a lifetime of running. Okay, he may know me well. :( 

Step 7: try to go to Escanaba for something to do but find out car battery is dead. Call in for backup and have mom help clean room until backup arrives. Back arrives. Don't go to Esky but take mom on nickel tour of Iron Mountain. 

Step 8: well...that's where we are today. More to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment