Wednesday, August 15, 2012

T Minus 107 Days

When I write it like that, it feels like it's forever away but when I get up in the morning and run, I feel like I'm never gonna make it and boy do I wish I had longer than 107 days to train. Okay, that might be a bit dramatic because training really is getting easier if only a little bit at a time. I know I keep bugging everyone but if you haven't already done so, please go to my St. Jude donation page to donate to my fundraising efforts. http://heroes.stjude.org/runshoegirlrun I've found a great cross-training workout too. Well, maybe not cross training since it requires lower body more than upper body. The local ski mountain has a ski jump with 500 stairs to the top and then about a 2.5 mile loop back down and around. Everyone has been telling me about the stairs and that it's a good workout but I've been hesitant because I really thought it would kill my legs and hurt my training runs. Well I finally tried it out and it was great! I am definitely a believer! On another note, I thought I'd share this picture with you all. I'm not sure what the heck it really is but it's the "mascot" of Rhinelander, WI. Let's see who can come up with the best name for him.

3 comments:

  1. Hey-I nominated you on my page as a Beautiful Blogger!!

    Beautiful Blogger Award

    I think his name should be Fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I always wanted. My own little monster. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

    ReplyDelete